Do you plan on buying a home soon? Did you know that there are many ways that a real estate broker can help you achieve your goal and find the home that best meets your needs, while ensuring your peace of mind?
Here are some of the main tasks a real estate broker performs for their buying clients.
- Your broker will help you to evaluate your needs. What type of property are you looking for? What area or neighbourhood do you want to live in? Do you want a new home or one that requires renovations? How many bedrooms and bathrooms? Your broker will help you identify the essential elements that should be included in your future home.
- Thanks to their in-depth knowledge of the market, your broker will ensure that your budget corresponds to the type of property you’re looking for and the neighbourhood you’re interested in. Your broker will also encourage you to get a pre-approved loan from your bank, which speeds up the buying process and makes you credible with sellers.
- Your broker will present you with properties that match your criteria. They organize property visits and because your broker is not emotionally involved in the buying process, they will give you an honest and objective opinion of the strengths and weaknesses of each property. They may also present various options that you have not considered.
- When you find a real gem, your broker will advise you on the strategy for submitting the promise to purchase. If necessary, it will include clauses that protect your interests, such as a list of work to be performed by the seller, a more thorough inspection of a certain aspect of the property, etc.
- They will attend the inspection of the home, ask questions and help you understand the inspector’s report on the condition of the property.
- In addition, your broker will follow-up on the fulfilment of conditions and act as an intermediary for the delivery of various documents (bank, notary, etc.).
- Your broker will answer all of your questions during the buying process. If you’re buying a condo, for example, they will analyze the essential documents with you, such as the minutes of condo meetings, the condo’s financial statements, etc.
- When all of the conditions have been met, your broker will accompany you to the notary for the signing of the documents that formalize the transaction.
As you can see, your real estate broker is present at each and every stage of your home buying process. Why would you miss out on all of this guidance and expertise?