Published on: November 7, 2016 | Last Updated: November 7, 2016 7:57 PM PST
The Coal Harbour penthouse is 8,010 square feet with a panoramic view of Vancouver, four bedrooms, five bathrooms, a private seven-vehicle garage — and it can all be yours for just a smidgen under $59 million.
If it sells for its current asking price of $58.888 million, the two-level property at Three Harbour Green (277 Thurlow Street) will officially become the most expensive condominium in Canada, surpassing the $55 million sale for the top three floors of the nearby Fairmont Pacific Rim in 2013.
A numbered company (0996109 B.C. LTD.), whose lone listed director is businessman An-Ban Wang, bought the property in 2014 for the bargain-basement price of $16.6 million, which was actually $6 million below the asking price.
An-Ban Wang is also listed as a director of Tentimes Holding Canada Inc. along with Ruo Xiong Wang and Dong Huang, which appears to be linked to Chinese real estate giant the Tentimes Group (or Tiantai Group). The founder of Tentimes Group is Ruoxiong Wang, who is also a founder of the China Entrepreneurs Club, sometimes referred to as the ‘billionaires club,’ which toured Canada last month.
The home’s 2016 assessed value was $22,297,000, making it the highest assessed condo and 31st highest assessed residential property in British Columbia. Lululemon Athletica founder Chip Wilson’s Point Grey Mansion with an assessed value of $64.87 million is the most valuable residential property in B.C.
The home at 277 Thurlow features a panoramic view of Vancouver.
The penthouse features more than 4,840 square feet of outdoor living space.
Now, before you scoff at the asking price, just take a gander at some of this home’s features:
• Five bathrooms
• Three storage rooms
• With two stunning rooftop terraces and an additional balcony, the penthouse boasts 4,840 square feet of outdoor living space;
• 360 degrees of unobstructed views of the ocean, mountains, Stanley Park, Lions Gate and English Bay;
• Vaulted (10-20 foot) ceilings;
• Luxury amenities and “ultra luxury” finishings in the House of Bohn-designed living space.
• And, let’s not forget about its prime harbour-front location. If you work downtown you can cut up that Compass card because you’ll be walking to the office. Forget about ever taking the bus again!
Taxes on the 16-room penthouse are pretty steep at $70,584 and you’ll be shelling out $3,394 monthly on maintenance fees.
The home is listed with realtor Juliana Jiao of MacDonald Realty. Let us know if you buy it.
More photos of the penthouse:
The home at 3101 277 Thurlow Street.