September Home Maintenance and Safety Checklist
As summer ends, your home deserves special attention to prepare for the colder temperatures that fall and winter bring us. September maintenance is all about wrapping up the warm weather and all that comes with it to welcome the fall.
As we’ve seen in previous years, September can bring rain and serve storms so, ensuring your home is up to standards with safety checks is a must. This can include something simple like ensuring your gutters are clear but also installing storm windows or restocking emergency supplies.
Your September Checklist
- Clean your ceiling fans, light fixtures, and vents
- Change the direction of your ceiling fans
- Store summer patio furniture
- Turn off and cover your AC unit
- Clean your gutters
- Drain and store your garden hoses
- Wash and lubricate garage door
- Inspect your house and seal areas where you think critters can get inside
- Create a safety plan for any storm that may occur
- Clean front entrance and decorate with fall decor
- Schedule Chimney and furnace maintenance
- Check walkways for cracks
- Check and repair leaky faucets
- Service your yard equipment
September is not all about getting your maintenance checklist completed, it’s also about enjoying the last weeks of summer weather. There are many events happening this month in the GTA! Check out all the fun fairs and festivals taking place this month here.